Using Google Sheets (Spreadsheet) integration, you can post the information to a spreadsheet when a booking is completed or cancelled.
Google Sheets (Spreadsheet) integration is available to all registered TimeRex users.
For information on how to deal with errors in Google Sheets (spreadsheet) integration, please refer to this page.
Work required to post schedule adjustment results to spreadsheet
In order to post schedule adjustment results to the spreadsheet when schedule adjustments are completed/cancelled, the following two actions are required.
- Settings per account:
Connect each TimeRex account to each Google (Google Sheets) account
- Settings per schedule adjustment calendar:
Set "Google Sheets" in the "Service Integration" for the schedule adjustment calendar for which you want to post the schedule adjustment results to a spreadsheet
What you need for integration
- Google account
- TimeRex account (For all plans)
How to make the most of it
- Get a list of all bookings and cancellations made on each schedule adjustment calendar at a glance.
Copies of the linked spreadsheets (worksheet or file copies) can be reviewed in detail if sorted or filtered as described below.
- Check future appointments by sorting by the date and time of the appointment.
- The schedule adjustment calendar for "One or more participants must be available" allows you to narrow down the person in charge (participating member) and check his/her schedule.
- By filtering by the name of the schedule adjustment partner (guest), you can check the information entered in the questions.
Copies of the linked spreadsheets (worksheet or file copies) can be processed to perform the following aggregation and analysis.
- The number of cases handled by each person in charge (each participating member) can be totaled.
- The number of bookings can be analyzed.
How to connect TimeRex and Google Sheets (Spreadsheet)
- Log in to TimeRex with your regular Google or Microsoft account
- Click on the display name in the upper right corner and go to "Account Settings"
- Click "Google Sheets" in the "Integrations" menu to access the Google Sheets integration page
- Click the "Connect" button
- Select or login to your Google account
- Allow access to Google Sheets
Integration with Google Sheets must be performed on a per-account basis.
How to use Google Sheets (Spreadsheet) integration
After you have completed the integration with Google Sheets in your account settings, click "Add Service Integration" in the "Service Integration" section of the Advanced Settings in the Itinerary Adjustment Calendar.
Click on "Google Sheets".
Click the "Link with Google Sheets" button to automatically create a spreadsheet.
The automatically created spreadsheet can be set which member's my drive it will be stored in by selecting "Select members to link GoogleSheets with".
You can select Japanese or English from the pull-down menu of "GoogleSheets Language Settings".
The automatically created spreadsheet can be viewed from "Go to Spreadsheet".
The names of the members selected in "Select members to link GoogleSheets" will be displayed.
When a booking is completed or cancelled in a schedule adjustment calendar with Google Sheets integration set up, the content is reflected in an automatically created spreadsheet.
Notes on Google Sheets (Spreadsheet) integration
Please do not edit the spreadsheets automatically created by TimeRex.
Editing within the "Events" sheet may result in unintended data updates or linkage errors.
The three points that require special attention are as follows:
Note 1: Do not move/add/delete rows
Do not move/add/delete rows in the linked spreadsheet.
Do not add rows in the middle of the data either.
Unintended rows may be updated.
Note 2: Do not move/add/delete columns
Do not move/add/delete columns in the linked spreadsheet.
Do not add columns in the middle of the data either.
Unintended columns may be updated.
Note 3: Do not change the worksheet name
Do not change the sheet name of the automatically created "Events" sheet.
If the sheet name is changed, an error will occur and data will not be linked.
If you have already changed the sheet name of the "Events" sheet, change it again to "Events" and the data will be linked correctly from the next booking completion.
Even if an error occurs in the linkage, bookings or cancellations can still be made.
About the automatically created spreadsheets
- A spreadsheet will be automatically created with the name of the calendar entered when "Connect with Google Sheets" is clicked.
- If the calendar name is blank, an untitled spreadsheet will be created.
- An "Events" sheet and a "Document" sheet are created in the automatically created spreadsheet.
- The "Events" sheet will be blank, and the first time it is linked, a row of items will be added to it along with the data rows.
- A link to this support page will be inserted in the "Document" sheet.
- If you rename the scheduling calendar after the spreadsheet is created, the spreadsheet file name will not be changed.
- If you change the file name of the spreadsheet, there will be no problem with the linkage, but please be careful not to lose track of which spreadsheet is associated with which calendar.
- If you are not sure which spreadsheet is associated with which calendar, please click "Go to Spreadsheet" to check the spreadsheet.
- The automatically created spreadsheet will be stored in the my drive of the member who has been set in "Selecting members to link GoogleSheets".
- If you delete the linked spreadsheet manually, TimeRex will not be able to detect it, and you can confirm that the file has been deleted when you click "Move to Spreadsheet"
- The trash button to the right of "Go to Spreadsheet" allows you to delete the spreadsheet in conjunction with the calendar, but it does not delete the spreadsheet that has already been created.
- The linkage will continue even if the destination folder of the automatically created spreadsheet is changed, so please move the spreadsheet to a shared folder if necessary.
About the automatically created "TimeRex" folder
- TimeRex" folder is created in the my drive of the Google account of the member selected in "Select the member to link GoogleSheets".
- If the "TimeRex" folder automatically created by TimeRex does not exist when "Connect with Google Sheets" is clicked, a new "TimeRex" folder will be automatically created.
- If you have manually created a "TimeRex" folder in My Drive, a separate "TimeRex" folder will be automatically created.
- If you rename the automatically created "TimeRex" folder, the linkage will continue, but when a new spreadsheet is automatically created, the "TimeRex" folder will be added to My Drive again.
- If you move the autocreated "TimeRex" folder, the linkage will continue, but the "TimeRex" folder will be added to My Drive again when a new spreadsheet is autocreated.
What will be posted to Google Sheets
The contents of the linkage are basically immediately reflected in the spreadsheet.
However, in the case of a rescheduling by a guest, there will be a time lag in reflecting the changed date and time. (Cancellations are reflected immediately.)
In the case of a reschedule from a guest, the cancellation of the date and time and the new date and time will be registered. (This is the same as a notification email.)
The spreadsheet includes as follows:
- Event ID
- Schedule (date / time zone)
- Web meeting url (left blank if "Off" is selected in Online Meeting Settings)
- Status (confirmed / cancelled)
- Cancellation reason
- Participants (name(s) of member(s) attending on the host side)
- Created at (date and time when the schedule was confirmed)
- Company name (guest's company name)
- Name (guest's name)
- Email (guest's email address)
- Comment (Guest's comment)
- Other information obtained from the guest (answers to the items set by the question customization function)
- Question item customization is only available with the Premium Plan.
- If the question title is changed after the question has been written to the spreadsheet in the Google Sheets integration of the relevant schedule adjustment calendar at least once, the item title in the spreadsheet will be changed the next time the schedule adjustment is finalized.
How to disconnect Google Sheets and TimeRex
- Disconnecting the linkage does not delete the spreadsheets automatically created on each my drive.
- Please delete the Google Sheets integration settings for each schedule adjustment calendar from the Trash button before disconnecting the integration.
If you wish to cancel the integration between Google Sheets and TimeRex, you can do so by clicking the "Cancel integration" button on the Google Sheets integration page in your account settings.