With Slack integration, you can receive notifications of completed schedule adjustments and cancellations in Slack as well.
Slack integration is available for all plans.
What you need for integration
- Slack Workspace (free or paid plan)
- TimeRex account
How to link Slack to TimeRex
- Log in to TimeRex with your regular Google or Microsoft account.
- Click on the "Team Settings" button in MySpace or TeamSpace.
- Click "Slack" in the "Integrations" menu to access the Slack integrations page.
- Click on the "Connect" button.
- Allow access to Slack.
Linkage to Slack must be implemented on a space-by-space basis.
If you would like to receive notifications for the MySpace calendar, go to "MySpace". If you wish to receive TeamSpace calendar notifications, do so via the "Team Settings" button in TeamSpace.
How to use Slack integration
Once the integration with Slack is complete, you will be able to enter the "channel name" for which you would like to receive notifications within the Create/Edit page of the Calendars.
Whenever an appointment is completed or canceled in the scheduling calendar with Slack integration, you will receive a notification on the channel you have set.
If you wish to receive notifications on a private channel
If you want to receive notifications on a private Slack channel, you must invite the TimeRex bot to the channel.
There are two ways to invite a bot.
How to invite a TimeRex bot to your private channel (1)
- Mention the TimeRex bot on a private channel by typing "@timerex".
- Click on "Add to Channel"
How to invite a TimeRex bot to your private channel (2)
- Access private channel settings.
- Click on "Add an App" under the "Integrations" tab.
- Search for "TimeRex" and click the "Add" button.
How to disconnect Slack and TimeRex
If you wish to remove the linkage between Slack and TimeRex, you can do so by clicking the "Remove integration" button on the Slack linkage page.